Saturday, July 24, 2010

Head Armature

Today I worked on the armature for the head. The following photos show what I figured out, using tracing paper, my full-sized working drawing, and cereal box cardboard.












































Notice that the skull cap is a separate armature piece.




video




I also worked some on the joint of the left knee, and filled-in with wax on various other parts. I will fill-in the head next, then continue working on the joints. The head completes making the armatures for all the rough parts of the doll. Once the head is filled-in, I'll be ready to start sculpting this BJD.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Are you sculpting the head in polyform? It looks like its a cardboard shape filled in with polyform - but that cant be right. now Im thinking that maybe you filled it in with was- but How? I dont get it. Im just trying to figure it out. its my first bjd doll. please help. patti Dollfigures05@aol.com Im on The Joint as patriciaLangston and Den of Angels as PatriciaLangstonps. I would also like to talk with you about using blogger or blogspot, I want to log each step of the progession each day but Ive never written an blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is brown sculpture wax and a cereal box cardboard armature. I am no longer working on this doll. I started a new version of my BJD in January 2012.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.