Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Lower Torso

I finished filling-in the upper legs with wax. Then I traced the torso from my working drawing to tracing paper. Next I transferred the tracing to cereal box cardboard. I made three slots on the front view, and one slot each on three side views of the cardboard cutouts. I fixed these three side profiles to the front view with wax, and will fill in the cardboard armature with warm wax. After it is filled in, I will make the upper torso using the same procedure. This is what the lower torso armature looks like, before being filled-in with warm wax. Note that I've cut-out the areas where I think the socket should go. Since I really don't have any idea how this is going to work, I made an educated guess, and proceeded with the armature. I can always change it later, if I need to, and I probably will need to. Change is the only constant.



























Here is the lower torso filled-in with wax.















Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.