Sunday, July 25, 2010

Rough Head Parts Filled In

Today I filled-in the cereal box cardboard head armature I made yesterday, with brown microcrystalline wax. She resembles C3PO with the candle wax eye sockets. Photographs of the head, on the upper torso, taken from different angles, follow. There are also some pix of the rough head with the skull cap removed. The last photo is of all the doll parts I have made so far, laid out on the full-size working drawing, which, as you know if you've been following the progress of this doll, has really been working.

































































I'm going to start working on the joints next, and continue filling-in the roughed-out parts, in preparation for starting the sculpting of the doll.



Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Ok - brown Microcrystalline was for sculptors - I'll google that. patti Dollfigures05@aol.com patriciaLangston on Den of Angels and PatriciaLangston on THe Joint

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no longer modeling my doll with brown microcrystalline wax. In January 2012, I started a new version of the BJD.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.