Saturday, July 31, 2010

Thinking About Knee Joints




There are house guests this weekend, so I haven't had much time to really work on the doll today, besides a few minutes of filling-in some parts with wax. I try to work a little bit every day on the doll. I've been thinking about the knee joints, which are the parts I'm currently focusing my energies on. I'd like to keep this first BJD as simple as possible so it will be easier to troubleshoot problems with her. The second BJD can have fancier joints that allow more poseability. I'll be very happy if this doll can sit on a chair. To sit on a chair, the knee joints will probably be cut at about a 45 degree angle, with the center of the ball joint being the pivot point. Since I don't know how this will work, I'm just going to have to make some knee joints and try them. I'll probably have to make some plaster molds and cast some parts in hollow wax to string them. Perhaps I'll add a little bit of paraffin to the pour, in order to make the joints a little bit harder? These are some things I'll think about.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.