Saturday, August 21, 2010

BJD Wig 01




I found this bit about how Martha Armstrong-Hand made a doll wig:

Martha-Armstrong Hand preferred to hand-tie the wigs she made for her original dolls. She made her own wig cap a little bit bigger than she eventually needed since the cap gets smaller in the process because of a very slight puckering up as each hair is stitched into the cap. After a lot of trial and error, she found tying each strand to the wig cap worked best for her then was pleasantly surprised that she had independently discovered the exact tying technique used to hand-tie expensive wigs for adults. Yes, Martha laboriously sewed and then knotted each individual strand of silk thread into the wig cap! The end result was a wig which could be brushed and styled without fear of pulling hair out.

@ Hand Tied Wigs.




While I haven't gotten to the point of making a wig for my BJD yet, I was told that she will probably wear a 8 or 9 wig, judging from her head diameter. Her head actually measures 8.5 inches around the hair line. Whenever I come across a BJD wig making tutorial, I'm bookmarking it. Wig making will come after my BJD has been finished.

Today I added wax to the back of the upper torso. For some reason, this is one part that I have not paid very much attention to, so far, and it was still very rough. It is looking much better now.

I've been meaning to take some photos of the feet and ankles, but haven't done so yet. Right now, the ball joints and ankle joints of the feet are different. I'm trying to decide which one I want to use. I'm hoping to get some photos up tomorrow, so they can be seen.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.