Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Doll Composition Slip




Today I got two gallons of CompoBell CS-1000 Doll Composition Slip. I also got ten yards of 3/16 inch round doll stringing elastic cord, two yards of 1/8 inch round doll stringing elastic cord, one pair of 16mm acrylic eyes, and one pair of 16mm glass eyes. The eyes are green.



(Only one gallon is shown in the photo.)




I have used the CompoBell CS-1000 slip many years ago. I was glad to find that they still make it. It can be cast into plaster molds, the same as ceramic slip. The casting can Air dry or be placed in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for two hours.

I'm planning on using the 3/16 inch (~4mm) cord for stringing the head/body/legs of my BJD; and the 1/8 inch (~3mm) cord for stringing the arms.

Now that I have some 16mm eyes, I will want to see how they look in the face of the BJD.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.