Monday, August 9, 2010

Face 02




I do a little work on my doll every day. Today I searched for the ever elusive kuwaii in the face with the marble eyes. I cut off the nose and mouth completely. Then I made the face wider because it had gotten too thin when I previously mutilated it with my paring knife. Then a new nose and mouth were added. It still isn't anywhere near what I want for my doll's face, and I'm so glad I decided to play with these base faces. I'll know when I get what I want, and then I'll sculpt my doll's face on the larger head. I've got the marbles in this face, and the ball bearings in the other face, firmly attached in the back with wax. It is nice to be able to carve eyelids and so forth, on the actual marbles or ball bearings. At first, I didn't really know where to put the marbles or ball bearings. As I play with these base faces, I'm beginning to understand where they should go, a little better. They must look right, not only from the front, but from the sides as well. Everything about the face is still elusive.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.