Monday, August 2, 2010

Knee Joints




I'm working on the knee joints, but I also read BJD forums on a daily basis. I made the following diagrams to hopefully answer a question about body core molds on a BJD forum:






1. The hollow part to be molded.
2. A clay plug is added to fill the hollow.
3. Top View: The part is embedded halfway into a bed of clay. A plug of clay is added to pour the core.
4. Side View: The part is embedded halfway into a bed of clay.







5. The first part of the silicon rubber mold is poured.
6. The second part of the silicon rubber mold is poured.
7. The silicon rubber core is poured.
8. The three parts of the silicon rubber mold.




In the above diagrams, the pouring sprue and the air vents for the resin cast have not been shown for clarity. Also, the registration keys for the parts of the silicon mold have not been shown, for clarity.




Having spent most of my time making diagrams, I didn't get too much done on my doll today. However, I did do some fill-in work, and worked the wax around the knees, in preparation for finishing work on the knee joints. I try to do a little bit of work on my BJD every day. Some time, every day, is also spent on Research & Development (R&D).





Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.