Sunday, September 5, 2010

BJD Full View Progress




I work with BJD parts most of the time, so every once in a while, it is good for me to put all the parts together, to see what the whole doll looks like, more or less. I can see it much better than what you can see in these photographs, but you can at least get a little idea of what I've been working on. Most of my work has been concentrated on the doll's left leg, especially around the ankle joint and knee joint. Right now, I'm questioning the proportions of the legs. I'm thinking I made the legs a little longer when I first drew this doll. I wanted her to be a leggy doll. Is the thigh too short? Is the calf too long? If she was sitting with her feet under her bum, where would her feet actually be; under her bum, or sticking out beyond her bum, or not quite reaching her bum? These are some bum questions. I'll have to study these questions, and make some sort of decision about what I'm going to do. There are so many decisions to be made. I may have to go back to my working drawing and see if I can make some changes there that might show me what I need to know? Whatever. If I am making it, I can fix it.




Photographed with the camera's built-in flash.






Photographed without a flash, under two overhead incandescent lightbulbs.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.