Thursday, September 23, 2010

Carving Wax 03




Long curling shavings can be cut with this carving wax, as well as very thin, almost transparent chips. There is no discernible grain to the carving wax, so it can be cut in any direction with ease.





I scored the slab of excess carving wax with a knife before it got hard. It just snapped apart easily along the scored lines. These small pieces are much easier to handle and melt, the next time I want to use it.





Uh-oh! Small wax BJD is standing on her new feet. The knee joint on the upper leg was flared a little bit, to give the ball more surface area to grab. She continues to teach me stuff about joints.





Here she is, back on her perch, showing off her new feet, and keeping an eye on things.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.