Monday, September 6, 2010

Cutting Eye Holes in the Face




I hollowed out the head recently, so I could play around with putting eyes inside, so I can sculpt eye sockets, eyelids and so forth. I borrowed the plastic eyes from this practice face.



See that dirty computer keyboard? That's what one looks like if you do modelling at your computer station.




I measured for the eyes using a flexible tape measure, and some wooden potter's calipers. I used a needle tool to poke a hole in the bottom of the chin, then put one point of my calipers on that hole, and did all the measuring from that reference point. I took the measurements from my working drawing. Yes, that drawing is still working.






Here she is with some eye holes cut, and the plastic eyes stuck inside. There is no modelling of the face yet, nor are the eye holes beveled, so in spite of all this surgery, her face is still in a very rough stage of development.



Is it just me, or does she look a little angry?




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.