Thursday, September 30, 2010

Susanna Oroyan Books




I just got Designing the Doll by Susanna Oroyan.



It has many nice illustrations of Art Dolls and discusses many different ways to make dolls.




It even mentions Martha Armstrong-Hand, and shows one of her stringing designs for a BJD.



Otherwise, there is not much information about BJDs in the book. I am glad to have it on my doll making reference bookshelf.

Designing The Doll: From Concept To Construction.
Susanna Oroyan.
Lafayette, CA: C&T Publishing, 1999.
ISBN: 978-1571200600




I already had a copy of Anatomy of a Doll by Susanna Oroyan. Designing the Doll expands on concepts presented in Anatomy of a Doll.



Anatomy Of A Doll.
Susanna Oroyan.
Lafayette, CA: C&T Publishing, 1997.
ISBN: 157120024X




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.


4 comments:

  1. wow Kw stringing tutorial is realy helpfull !!! haha you give the solution !!! your blog is as i say and before a how to doll library !!!!
    thanks
    gerakina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gerakina! I'm so glad to know that my odd doll journal is helpful to other doll makers. I'm looking forward to seeing your BJD finished soon. All the Best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Kw i trying to drill her this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerakina, we must figure out a way to put cores in the doll molds, so drilling will not be so much work.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.