Monday, October 18, 2010

New Lower Torso




I try to do a little bit of work on my BJD every day. Today I worked a little bit on the new lower torso. As you can see from the photo, the new lower torso is a wee bit longer than the old one. The comparison is between the carving wax torso, cast in the plaster rough shell mold of the old lower torso, and the old wax torso, heavily modified. Not only did I cut the old solid wax lower torso, but I also hollowed it out before I made the mods. I should be able to drill holes in this torso and lightly string it to the upper legs and upper torso, if I want to, before molding it to cast the carving wax lower torso. It does not look hollow, but it is.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.