Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Moulage Head Mold Nº 1



Since the Thanksgiving Holiday, I finally got some cans large enough to make coddles for the head mold I want to try and make with my moulage molding material. If you remember, moulage is a hot molding compound that can be reused over and over, and is suitable for casting wax and plaster.





I'm going to try and mold the head resting on the cut for the skull cap.





I think (hope) there will be enough space around the head to make a strong enough mold that I can cast some lighter colored carving wax into. I'm hoping the lighter colored carving wax will help me to model the facial features a little better. Also I will gain some experience working with carving wax. The final doll parts that I will use to make plaster molds for slip casting will be made from carving wax. I'm always experimenting and trying new things.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Great to have found! I just came across your blog last night after I ordered my Martha Armstrong-Hand book :) http://thepixieknoll.blogspot.com listed your link, but I'm really enjoying your posts as I have been getting back into mold making as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you, kimiko. This daily doll making journal is a mess. I hope you can make some sense of it. I refer to it all the time, myself. Well, I guess that is what a journal is for, right?

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.