Saturday, December 11, 2010

Moulage Head Mold Nº 4



I removed the brown wax skull cap and oil clay spare from the moulage mold. I cut the mold with a knife instead of tearing it open. This morning I melted some carving wax and poured it into the moulage mold for the skull cap that I made yesterday. Since it is a skull cap, I did not have to pour any excess wax out, since it is a solid piece.





Tah-dah! One carving wax skull cap has been successfully cast.





This is the inside view of the skull cap.





Afterwards, I cut the moulage mold into cubes about one half inch square, and store them in the sealed jar to be remelted and used again for another mold. The moulage has a consistency of a cheese, like paneer.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.