Monday, December 20, 2010

Some More On Wigs




This is the wig from the $2.50 porcelain doll that I bought at the Thrift store awhile ago.



They attached a spiral of wefted synthetic hair to a tulle wig cap. The weft braid was stitched to the tulle. There is a lot of glue because they glued the wig cap to the doll's head.

I'm already getting some ideas about how I will make my first wig for Aalish. At this time, my idea is to use a piece of flat sewing elastic to make a band around her head where I want the hairline to be. Then I will shape a piece of tulle over that, and stitch it to the elastic, to make a wig cap. Then I will ventilate the tulle wig cap with some synthetic hair.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.