Sunday, December 19, 2010
Ventilating a Wig
I've been thinking some more about making a wig for my doll. The following diagram shows how to ventilate a wig. This is similar to how the hair in human wigs is knotted.
1. Reach through a hole in the netting with the ventilator tool.
2, Hook several hairs in the middle.
3. Pull the hairs through the hole in the netting.
4. Put the tool through another hole in the netting and hook the hairs again.
5. Pull the hair through the loop of hair on the tool.
6. Keeping tension on the hairs, pull them tightly into a knot.
Repeat this procedure until all the strands on the netting have some hair knotted on them.
The next thing I need to learn how to do is to make the netting (tulle) fit the doll head.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.