Friday, January 21, 2011

Dress Form Measurements Nº 1




Today I did some reading about measuring a BJD for making clothing. I like the dress form I made because I can draw on it, and stick pins in it. All the studying I am doing now is just practice. The Aalish BJD will shrink after curing, so none of the measurements I am taking now will be correct after she is finished. I am learning about it now, so I will be able to start making clothes for her when she is finished. I am going to practice making a basic sloper, or basic block, which consists of a bodice front, a bodice back, a skirt front, a skirt back, and a sleeve. When Aalish is finished, I will already have a good idea of how to do all these things, and I will start by taking new measurements, making a new basic sloper, then making her a nice blouse and skirt to go with her knitted stockings.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.