Sunday, January 23, 2011

Wig Ventilating Experiment




Today I started experimenting with ventilating a wig. I guess that is the correct way to say it? Ventilating a wig means to tie knots of hair into the wig cap. I tried some wool roving first. The wool roving I have does not have long enough fibers for the type of wig I want. Next I tried unraveling some 4-ply yarn. I can control the length of the hair this way, but the strands of yarn are too thick for a wig.






I used a small steel crochet hook for a ventilating tool.



Here is a tutorial at Den of Angels about using yarn to ventilate a wig.
(You need to be a registered member of DoA to view the tutorial.)




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.