Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wig Cap Nº 1




This is mt first wig cap. I had to learn how to crochet to make it. I learned how to crochet by watching crochet videos at YouTube. There were several things I needed to learn in order to crochet this wig cap. First, I had to learn the Magic Adjustable Circle. Once I figured that out, I learned how to make a double crochet stitch. Making a double crochet stitch on a Magic Circle also required that I learn how to chain stitch. Finally, I had to learn how to make an increase. Like learning anything else for the first time, I felt really awkward holding and manipulating the crochet hook, as well as figuring out how to hold the yarn, and get a good tension. It will take quite a bit more practice before I get good at crocheting. My next wig cap will be made with a smaller yarn and smaller crochet hook. I am excited that I have learned a new craft skill!



The above wig cap was made with a 4-ply worsted weight acrylic yarn and a 3.75mm crochet hook.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.