Drafting a Front Bodice Sloper
Using the measurements taken from the dress form, the front bodice sloper is drawn according to the following diagram. The drawing to fit the BJD will be made, step-by-step. There are about 26 steps to drafting the front bodice sloper, in Modern Pattern Design by Harriet Pepin (1942).
From: Modern Pattern Design by Harriet Pepin, 1942. http://vintagesewing.info/1940s.html
Read Each Step Carefully!
6. 2-4 — From point 2, measure off a distance equal to one-half the Shoulder Point Width and label that point 4.
7. 2-5 — From point 2, measure off a distance equal to one-half the Full Bodice Width (bust measurement) and label that point 5.
Square guide lines downward from points 5, 4 and 3 as shown in diagram.
8. B-6 — From point B, measure a diagonal line equal to Shoulder Pitch Measurement to a point somewhere on guide line extending downward from point 4. Label point 6.
9. 6-7 — From point 6, measure off a line equal to the Shoulder Width Measurement to a point somewhere on line 2-3. (The corner at point 6 is not squared. The angle at this point will vary with measurements being used to produce any draft.) Label point 7.
10. A-8 — With the short arm of the square along line A-B, square a guide line 6 inches long from point A. Do not label point 8 yet.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.