Friday, February 25, 2011

A Plastic Neck Button




I found a small piece of plastic, cut for a bulk-head fitting from a 500-gallon cistern, recently installed in the backyard for rainwater harvesting. Using a hole saw in the drill press, I was able to cut three small plastic disks from that piece of scrap plastic. I used a sander, a file, and an X-Acto knife to make a practice neck button for the carving wax test doll.






This is the neck button I made from one of the plastic disks. I don't have any S-hooks yet, so I used a key-ring instead. The result is that the head seems to have more range-of-motion than before, when only a piece of scrap silicone rubber was holding the elastic in the head.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.