Thursday, February 24, 2011

Neck Button




Lately I've been thinking about how to distribute the tension at the neck joint. One thing I am thinking about is a Neck Button. A neck button has a hole in the center, and some grooves in the top. The elastic cord comes up through the neck, into the head, through the center hole in the neck button, and is fastened to the S-hook. The S-hook sits in some shallow grooves in the neck button, and the force of the tensioning is distributed over the whole area of the neck button, instead of at the hole in the bottom of the head that fits over the neck. This is something I'm thinking about. I do not know if it will work, yet.







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.