Thursday, February 10, 2011

Upper Leg Rough Shell Mold




I used the same techniques to make this mold that I have illustrated in past posts, so I do not feel it is necessary to repeat that again.

With this mold, I will have enough molds to cast the upper torso, lower torso, and legs in carving wax, to start test stringing with round doll elastic. The castings will not be used for the final doll. All of these rough shell molds were molded around doll parts made from the old working drawing. However, I will be able to test the ball joints and sockets of the doll, for design purposes. I will also be able to use the head that I cast in the moulage mold.



I still need to make rough shell molds of the feet, the arms, and the hands.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.