Saturday, March 12, 2011

Toile




A contemporary BJD is a Multi-Media Art-form. Some of the skills needed to create a modern Artist BJD include drawing and doll design, armature construction, sculpting, molding, casting, wig making, shoe making, and designing and making clothing. I am currently learning how to draw a sloper set. A traditional sloper set consists of five parts:
  1. A front bodice,
  2. a back bodice,
  3. a front skirt,
  4. a back skirt,
  5. and a sleeve.
A sloper is a pattern that does not have any ease or seam allowances. It is made to the exact measurements of the BJD. Today I made a toile, or muslin from the paper drawing. You can see my first toile fitted on the dress form in the left of the picture. It is not perfect, but I think I did a fairly good job for my very first one. I still have a lot to learn, but this is a good beginning. It is interesting to note that in the process of making a sloper set, I am learning many new things about my work-in-progress BJD. These are things that will influence her design as I do more work on her.







Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.