Saturday, April 23, 2011

Adding Carving Wax




I've been busy reading my new book, Pop Sculpture and the secrets of using a wax pen to add to carving wax have been revealed !!! The secret is just as I thought it was, and have been doing myself..... drip, drip, drip the wax, then scrape it to the form wanted. Evidently, this is not a technique that is suited to everyone. It is the technique that Martha Armstrong-Hand used to make her carving wax patterns for her BJDs, and it is the technique used by Tim Bruckner, the sculptor who wrote Pop Sculpture, . I use a 25W soldering iron as a wax pen.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.