Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Moulage Hand Mold Nº 1




Now I'm starting to think about molding the hands in a moulage mold. As can be seen from the photo below, there is only room in the wooden mother mold for just one hand. That is okay because I'm going to try and make a two-piece moulage mold for the hands.



So the next thing to do is to coat the cardboard build-up with some orange shellac to seal it. Then I'll start working on a clay build-up for the palm of the hand and between the fingers. Another thing I'm thinking about is whether or not to try an indirect pour, or a straight pour directly into the ball joint of the wrist. I'm not sure if I have enough room to put a sprue along one side of the mold? This requires some more thinking.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.