Monday, April 18, 2011

Moulage Hand Mold Nº 5




I unwrapped the first half of the moulage mold of the left hand and removed the cardboard and clay build-up.






It doesn't look like I have enough space to pour the second half of the mold.






So I stapled a piece of cardboard over the end of the mold, and removed the cardboard from the side of the mold in order to pour the second half, open-faced.






That worked! After pouring the moulage, I stapled another piece of cardboard to the side of the mold, then melted and poured the carving wax.






This is the first casting. You can see the air vents I made with an X-Acto knife, from the finger tips. Those air vents connect to an air vent that goes to the top of the mold.






This is the casting, flipped over.






Here is the casting, taken out of the mold.






This is the second casting. It is a little easier to see the air vents I carved in the moulage from the fingertips, to the air vent that goes to the top of the mold. I got two castings of the left hand from this moulage mold.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.