Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sculpting Video




Today I watched a video about sculpting the head of a child. The Art of Sculpting with Philippe Faraut Volume 1: Children. I enjoyed the video very much, even in VHS format. It is 89 minutes in length. A friend of mine loaned it to me.

Philippe shares his step-by-step method of construction, as well as a guide to catch and correct common mistakes, while demonstrating in his favorite medium; wet clay.

In his sculpting demonstration, he sculpts this portrait of his daughter:



He starts with a ball of paper taped up and placed on a wooden dowel stuck in a modeling board. Using his hands, and some common sculpting tools, he uses water clay to make the portrait.

Here is the link to his web site: http://philippefaraut.com/




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.