Monday, April 25, 2011

Wax Working Metal Tools Nº 1




Recently, I found some flat steel banding that was around some red clay bricks. I cut it up into some six inch lengths, thinking that it might be useful for making some wax working tools that could be heated with my alcohol burner. This photo shows the banding cut up, and I have started to shape one with a bench grinder. After grinding it to shape, I knock off the burrs with a file, then sand it smooth. The sculptors/authors in the book Pop Sculpture use an alcohol lamp to heat metal wax working tools to work on their sculpts, as well as using the electric wax pen.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.