Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wood Mother Mold For Moulage Nº 3




This is my first wood mother mold for moulage.






There are some bamboo skewers used for positive registration keys.






There are corresponding holes for the negative registration keys.






The back part of the mold is cereal box cardboard, stapled to the wood.






Hopefully, you can see the staples? The cardboard could also be glued to the wood.






I hope that will be enough to hold it together long enough to make some carving wax castings.



I still need to seal the wood and cardboard with some orange shellac. Then I will cut out the cardboard build-up, and insert the lower arms, oil-clay spares, and melt the moulage for pouring into the mother mold. This is an experiment, so failure is always an option.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.