Sunday, May 22, 2011

New Hip Joint Mold




Today I made a moulage mold of the cue ball that I had found at the Thrift store. This is the oil-clay build-up, and a strip of cereal box cardboard for the mold box.






The oil-clay spare is tapered so I can remove the casting. The cardboard strip for the mold box is fastened with masking tape.






I placed three oil-clay registration keys around the edge of the clay build-up of the first half of the mold.






After melting and pouring the first half of the moulage mold, then letting it set up in the refrigerator, I flipped the mold over and removed the oil-clay build-up, so I could melt and pour the second half of the moulage mold.






The finished mold, ready to pour.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.