Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cue Ball Joint Nº 1




The other day I picked up a cue ball at the Thrift store. Here is the lower torso, the wooden knob I used for the current hip joint, and the cue ball. The wooden ball is about 1-15/16ths of an inch in diameter. The cue ball is about 2-1/4 inches in diameter. I really like the larger diameter. The two things that help a ball joint stay in a pose are friction and tension. I think a joint made with the cue ball will offer more friction because there is more surface area.






This is a front view of the wooden ball in one socket of the lower torso, and the cue ball in the other socket.






This is a side view of the cue ball in the socket of the lower torso. I see that I will need to make some extensive modifications to the lower torso.



My next step will be to mold the cue ball, and cast some carving wax balls in the mold.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.