Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reworking The Head Nº 2




I removed the temporary 14mm eyes in the head, and am carving out the inside eye sockets so these 16mm eyes will fit in the sockets. Theoretically, there is supposed to be a one eye space between the two eyes. That means the center of the eye pupils will be 32mm apart. The head should be 9cm from the bottom of the chin to the top of the crown. 9cm X 7 head lengths equals 63cm. The total shrinkage that I am expecting from the doll composition slip is 6 percent. 63cm X .06 equals 3.78. 63cm minus 3.78cm equals 59.22cm. My 60cm BJD will be closer to 59cm tall.






The ears are theoretically tilted back about 15 degrees, and are located from the bottom of the nose to the top of the eyes. This is about where I will be placing the new ears. Ears have about five major parts to sculpt: the helix, the ear lobe, the anti-helix, the tragus, and the conch.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.