Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sewing And Fitting




I found an excellent sewing reference book at a local used-book emporium. 360 pages bound in a three-ring binder, with tabs. It is a beautiful book. It covers sewing just about everything, and also has invaluable Tailoring sections. I have been looking for the Reader's Digest Sewing Book that is highly recommended, but this one looks like it will fit the bill.



Better Homes And Gardens Sewing Book. Second Edition.
The Editors of Better Homes and Gardens.
NY: Meredith Corporation, 1961, 1970.




I also found a Threads publication about fitting clothing. It is filled with some excellent articles about fitting clothing for human sizes that I am hoping I will be able to translate into 1/3 doll scale.





Fitting Your Figure: From Threads.
A Threads Book.
Newtown, CT: Taunton Press, 1994.
ISBN: 1-56158-083-X

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.