Thursday, May 12, 2011

Upper Torso




I have been working on adding carving wax to carving wax. This is a closeup shot of the beginnings of breasts for Carving Wax Test Doll. I am trying different things, such as adding the wax with the drip method, using the 25W soldering iron; adding wax by welding pouring cups from other pieces; and adding wax using my alcohol lamp and metal sculpture tools. Once wax is added, I use a knife to carve and form the shape.



This photo was taken with a Nikon Coolpix L3 camera, given to me by my daughter. My old digital camera was starting to give up the ghost, and I was having trouble switching it on. So this wonderful gift comes at just the right time.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.