Thursday, June 23, 2011

Eye In A Socket




This is sweet. Using an old doll composition test casting, I drew an eye shape, drilled a hole in the middle of it, then used the X-Acto knife to carve it out. Then I used the 16mm Master Eye Beveler on the inside, to make a perfect bevel for the eye. The eye sits in the test socket perfectly, without any gaps around it anywhere.



I can see that this test socket is a wee bit on the small side, so I am going to enlarge it a small amount, like 1mm or so, and bevel it on the inside again. I believe that an eye, looking straight ahead, has the bottom of the iris at the lower lid, and is covered about one third with the upper lid. I will continue testing.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

1 comment:

  1. Great Work!! I love how diligent you are about experimenting!

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.