Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hand Tied Weft For Wig




While at Den of Angels forum this morning, I read a thread about making a wig from wefts. One of the replies to that thread pointed to a video on YouTube about how to hand tie the hair weft. In the description of that video was a link to web site where she learned how to do it. After looking at the video, and reading the web site, I had to try it. So I made a quick weft board with six nails and some worsted weight acrylic yarn (Nº 4), then tied some gray wool yarn to it.


These are the links:

DoA Wig Tutorial
The first YouTube video.
The weft technique web site.
Another YouTube video showing the same technique.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.