Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Master Eye Bevelers




Today I went and returned all the wonderful doll and sculpting videos that were loaned to me by a friend. I also picked up a couple of Seeley's Master Eye Bevelers. One is 18mm and the other one is 16mm. These are used to make eyes fit in a porcelain or composition doll head. They are used by first cutting out the eye shape in the doll head. Then the round ball on the eye beveler, which is abrasive, is turned back and forth inside the head, in the eye socket, to form the eye socket, so an eye will fit perfectly in the eye socket, without any gaps. I saw this demonstrated in one of the videos I watched.



I have not done my daily head yet, so I will have to post a picture of it tomorrow.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.