Friday, June 17, 2011

Mouth Modeling Exercise




This morning I did the mouth modeling exercise in Berit Hildre's book, modelling Heads and Faces in Clay. In this exercise, you begin with a flat piece of clay, bent into a horseshoe shape. You add two rolls of clay for lips, and proceed from there. Her step-by-step photos are very clear, and easy to follow. It did not take me very long at all to do the mouth in this photo:






This is the head sculpt I did today, in oil-clay. The object is to model the clay fast, concentrating on volumes, not details. I am not supposed to be attached to the result, and am not supposed to worry about how it looks. Every day, I scrape off the old face, and start a new face. I still have a long ways to go.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.