Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Thinking About Ears




As much as I would like to make realistic ears for Aalish, I must always remember that I am planning on casting her with doll composition slip in plaster slip casting molds. So the ears will have to be simplified. Nevertheless, when I start modeling the ears, I will use a drawing like the one below for reference, showing both ears at the same time.



I have enjoyed reading about modeling the ear details in my new book, Modelling Heads and Faces in Clay, by Berit Hildre.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.