Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday's Child is Full of Grace




Today I started the head as I usually do, by scraping off yesterday's face, and adding some lines. From all the tools I laid out when I started doing these heads, these are the tools that I use the most. One is made from a large dowel, another from a popscicle stick, my paring knife, and a small dowel. The coil of oil-clay is from yesterday's face.






This is as far as I got today, with the time I had to model a head. I use the old toothbrush to sand the surface of the face, much in the same way that Philippe Faraut uses his hand-made brushes made from broom sticks. Today I held the head in my hands while modeling. While it is much easier to turn the head in many angles while working, the tradeoff is that the clay warms up in my hand, and gets really soft. I don't know, maybe that is a good thing? I'm still trying to learn this method of modeling a head.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.