Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Art Materials Arrived




Wow, I was not expecting this package until next week, but when I opened the front door this afternoon, a package of art materials was sitting on the porch. Last week I ordered five pounds of moulage and four pounds of sulfur-free oil-clay.






This is a close-up of the instructions of how to use the moulage. Just click the image to see a larger version. I ordered more moulage because I will be using it to make the waste molds for casting carving wax for Aalish, my work-in-progress ball jointed doll. The word that is smudged in the last sentence is Posmoulage, a type of wax that can be cast into a moulage mold.






This is the Prima Plastilina sulfur-free oil clay. I am happy to see that it is a different color than the Roma Plastilina I already have, which contains sulfur. Sulfur and silicone rubber do not play well together, so I ordered the Prima Plastilina just in case I want to make silicone rubber molds around anything I may model with it.



Both the moulage, and the oil-clay are reusable art materials. They should serve me a very long time.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.