Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Carving Wax Test Doll Gets Out




Today I worked on Carving Wax Test Doll's upper torso. Mainly, I used the paring knife to smooth some places by scraping, and used the shavings from smoothing, to burnish carving wax into slight depressions. I use the edge of the knife to burnish the carving wax. This burnishing does not require the alcohol lamp. It seems that pressure alone is enough.

Later today, Carving Wax Test Doll got out of the studio to sit on the couch in the screened-in porch. She was played with by my Best Friend.






I know she is just a Test Doll, but seeing my Best Friend play with her, moving her around, posing her in different positions, made me feel good. Carving Wax Test Doll is my Zen master.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Dessa Rae.
    I must agree.... for a Test Doll, she does look good.
    We'll see what she looks like after I work on her joints.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.