Friday, July 1, 2011

Head Reference

The other day I was able to get a head turn-around reference of one of my 14 year old nieces. Now I am trying to figure out how I can superimpose some of those heads over the head of Aalish. So far, I have been able to hold the head of Aalish up to the computer screen to see what the differences are. I would like to be able to do it digitally as well. Mainly, I look at the profile lines.

I have a turn table made of an aluminum plate attached to a ring of ball bearings. So I used my plastic protractor and marked a piece of cardboard every ten degrees. That made 36 marks. I set up my camera on a tripod, and had my niece stand on the aluminum plate. I put a mark on the plate. Her Mom turned the turn table to line up each mark on the cardboard, with the mark on the plate. I took 36 photos. I had one chance to do this. That is about all the patience a child has to do this kind of thing. It came out okay for a one shot photo turn around. It is way more of a reference than I had before. Since I do not have her permission to publish the turn around, I cannot show it at this time.

Since I started Aalish, she has been a teenager. This has always been my plan for this BJD. For one thing, fashions for teenagers are so much more exciting (to me) than adult fashions. I am looking forward to being able to create clothing for Aalish when she is finished.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.