Friday, July 15, 2011

Knees Nº 1




I've been meaning to make a mold and cast some wax balls for knee joints. Today I got started on it. First, I measured the diameter of the plastic knob I'm going to use. I think I found it at a yard sale. I used some wooden calipers to get the diameter, then I set it against a measuring tape to get 32mm.






I divide 32 in half to get 16mm, and measure that onto some oil clay. Then I used my paring knife to cut the oil clay into 16mm blocks.






I put the 16mm blocks of oil clay around the plastic knob. Then I added oil clay to fill in the spaces between the blocks. Finally, I added a spare.






This is what my oil clay build-up looks like from the bottom.






This is a side view.






Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.