Wednesday, July 6, 2011

One Year




One year ago, today, I made the first post to this weblog. It is hard to believe it was only a year ago that I started studying how to make a Ball-Jointed Doll. I still do not own an Asian BJD, made of resin, from any Oriental company. I have certainly looked at quite a few, online, and have even had a chance to see some in person, owned by others. For me, The Hobby is making a BJD, not just collecting BJDs. Of course, The Hobby is many things to many people, I have certainly learned that in the last year. Also, there are many different methods and materials that may be used to make BJDs. Finished BJDs may be made of many different materials, such as air-dry clay, resin, porcelain, polymer clay, epoxie clay, wood, as well as various other materials. I still have much to learn. I am figuring it out as I go along. I try to do a little bit of work on my doll everyday. I will continue to try and document my daily BJD progress here.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. What a busy & exciting one year you seem to have.

    Congratulations for your blog, the accurate postings on progresses and sneakpeeks. We all can learn a thing or two - or more - from these.

    For me your blog is especially useful, I'm happy I've found it recently while collecting infos - and courage - for making dolls.

    Your blog - you - present me both. Thank you very much and keep up the good work. Some day I will "join" you on this adventurous journey.

    Cheers,
    Hesztia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Hesztia.
    All I can say is that I am standing on the shoulders of Giants.

    ReplyDelete

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.