Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Upper Torso Thoughts




I just finished making a masking tape dress form, and a front and back bodice sloper from it, and that got me back to working on Carving Wax Test Doll. The last thing I did to Carving Wax Test Doll was to work on the upper torso. It still needs some work. I started out by modeling some simple basic forms on the upper torso, From those simple basic forms, I added carving wax to the upper torso using a studio-made metal wax tool along with an alcohol jeweler's lamp. From the photo, it is quite obvious that I still need to do some more work on her upper torso.






This is a wax casting from a mold I made a couple of decades ago, in my studio, from a young woman model. I think I used alginate to make the mold? I no longer have the mold, but I still have the brown sculpture wax casting. I have indicated some points that I need to work on, on Carving Wax Test Doll. This casting is a very nice studio reference to have.



1. There is a radius under the breast. This radius will also make the cast slip doll stronger.
2. This is the level of the torso under the breast.
3. This is the level of the torso above the breast.
4. There is a short, fast curve under the nipple.
5. There is a long, slow curve above the nipple.

I will have to light the jeweler's alcohol lamp....




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.