Sunday, August 21, 2011

Carving Wax Shrinkage




The talc ingredient in the carving wax helps keep shrinkage to a minimum, however, there is still some shrinkage. The cue ball I used as a pattern to make the hip joints is 2.25 inches in diameter. The carving wax balls I cast in the moulage mold came out 0.0625 inches less in diameter. That is about 1/16th of an inch in 2.25 inches, or .02777%. Almost 3% shrinkage.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.