Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lower Torso Socket




Once again, I find myself with my thinking cap on. I have been putting small balls of wax in the lower torso socket that needs to be adjusted, to see how much wax I need to add to get the hip balls looking even. Mainly, I'm moving three wax balls around in the socket, then putting the cue ball in the socket to see if it fits. It looks like I'm going to have to build up the right socket quite a bit. I do not want to do it small wax ball, by small wax ball, because that will take forever. So I'm thinking of softening a sheet of wax, and putting that in the socket, then pushing the cue ball into the wax sheet to get it where I want the socket to be. This is similar to a technique that people who work with clay use. They put a soft slab of clay in the socket, then push a wooden ball into the socket. The excess squishes out, and they end up with a nearly perfect socket. I think that having a lot of socket surface area in contact with the ball joint will help make the BJD very stable when standing. I'll see what happens. I'm figuring it out as I go along.




Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my personal BJD making journal. All comments are moderated. If you make a new comment under an old post, your comment will be published under the old post. I reserve the right to publish or delete any comments made, at my own discretion. Thank you for looking.